If you are considering having rhinoplasty, or any other type of plastic surgery, you need to be sure that you have a surgeon who you can trust, and who has a reputation of being one of the best in his or her field. Finding a surgeon in Miami can seem like a daunting task, as there are so many in the area and in other parts of South Florida, but when you take the time to check out various surgeons and facilities, and learn as much as possible about how they will perform the procedure, you can be sure that you will be pleased with the final results.
Learn about the Procedure
Before you start to seek out a plastic surgeon, it is a good idea to learn about everything that is involved with rhinoplasty. The more you know ahead of time, the better prepared you will be when it comes time for your consultation. You will know what questions need to be asked, and you should even prepare a list of questions to take with you so you don't forget anything. The Internet is an excellent resource for material on this topic, and the surgeons you interview should have literature for you to read as well.
Choosing Your Surgeon
If you are lucky, you will know someone who has already had plastic surgery, and he or she will be able to recommend a good surgeon to you. If not, there are several ways you can go about finding the right surgeon. The first thing to do is open your telephone book and search through the listings for all of the plastic surgeons in the Miami area. Of course, you are not going to choose your surgeon just by picking a name out of the phone book, but this is an excellent place to start.
Once you have a list of surgeons, you can start taking the following steps:
- Talk to others, especially those who have had work done by the surgeons on your list, and ask them about their experiences, and if they recommend that you go to that particular surgeon.
- Set up consultations with at least a few of the surgeons on your list. Ask to see the facilities at the clinic and the surgeon's credentials.
- Talk to the surgeons about any concerns you may have, and ask plenty of questions. Make sure that you thoroughly understand the various procedures used, and the differences in procedures from surgeon to surgeon.
- Ask the surgeons if there are any alternatives to rhinoplasty, and to explain the alternatives. A good surgeon will be able to offer many different types of procedures, both surgical and non-surgical.
- Ask to see before and after photos from previous surgeries performed. You should also ask if it is possible to talk to former patients for recommendations.
Learning about After Care and Follow-Up Treatments
A good surgeon won't stop working with you once the plastic surgery has been completed. You should be able to find a surgeon that offers complete consultations, and one who is willing to provide as many follow-up treatments as necessary. Your surgeon should tell you everything you need to know about how to take care of yourself following your surgery, and the things that you need to do to ensure a complete recovery.
Rhinoplasty is not something to be taken lightly, and the decision to have it done should not be made overnight. You are going to have many things to consider, including who is going to perform this surgery, and in order to be able to make the right decision, you need to do your homework, then you can decide which Miami surgeon is going to be best for your particular needs.